Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world. Many scuba divers have discovered the joy of mounting cylinders on their sides. Sidemount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go. Sound interesting? Sign up for the PADI Sidemount Diver Specialty course.
If you’re a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Sidemount Diver course.
Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a sidemount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
- Properly assemble and configure sidemount scuba diving equipment.
- Trim your weight system and sidemount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
- Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
- Respond correctly to potential problems when sidemount diving.
- COURSE PRICE & DURATION: $295 (includes all course materials)
- Duration - as little as 2 days!
- COURSE CONTENTS: Knowlege development Three Open Water Dives
- EQUIPMENT REQUIRED: Sidemount Scuba Gear (available for rental)
- RECOMMENDED TEXTS: PADI Sidemount Diver and Tec Sidemount Diver Manual
- LINKS: Medical Statement (pdf)
Get credit! The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.